Crucial Parts of Your Business You Can’t Neglect!
Stay out of trouble! Make sure you know the fundamental concepts in human resource law. As a small to mid-sized business owner, including faith-based organizations one of the many areas in which we are challenged is Human Resources. In order to gain the necessary knowledge join our amazing and dedicated trainers as they impart insightful information into the area of HR through the following workshops:
Attend All Four and Save! Register Now!
Session 1: • Employment Law & Liability – March 14, 2013
- When to Perform Background Checks
- Formulating Questions for Interviews
- Utilize Best Employment Practices and Minimize Liability!
Session 2: Document! Document! Document! – June 13, 2013
- Employee Documentation, Discipline & Discharge
- Learn Best Practices for Handling Employee Documentation From Employment to Discharge
- Investigating and Documenting Employee Misconduct
- When and How to Discipline or Discharge
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Employee Discipline and Termination
Session 3: Employee’s Legal Rights in the Workplace – September 19, 2013
- What Are Protected Classes
- Employment At Will: What Does It Mean?
- Promoting an Ethical Culture
Session 4: Guarantee To A Great Hire – December 5, 2013
- The impact poor hiring decisions can have on your organization and how you can make better choices
- Types of interviews that work, including behavior-based interviewing
- Key skills required for conducting a successful interview
- How to ensure a legally compliant interview
Continuing Education Credit(s)
The majority of our teleconferences are accredited for continuing education credit, including continuing legal education. Please note that program duration may not reflect credit hours. Each attendee seeking continuing education credit must purchase an individual registration. A unique personal identification number will be assigned to each registrant to electronically track attendance for credit reporting purposes.
All sessions are 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. Refreshments Provided.
Who Should Attend:
- Church Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Supervisors and Managers
- Office Managers
- Business owners
- Executive Administrative Professionals
Location: Holiday Inn, 1310 E. Wintergreen, Desoto, TX 75115